[blindkid] compose and edit without electronics

Joy Orton ortonsmom at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 14:40:49 UTC 2010

Hi friends,
I would like to hear how some of you or your children compose and edit
essays, stories, letters, and so on, without high-tech gadgets. I am old
enough to remember typing, cutting and pasting (literally), and re-typing my
papers. Has anyone out there done this in braille?
Related question: How do you mark corrections on the draft to change in the
final copy? We are trying to produce an outline and speech for a school
project, and an essay for a contest. Ahbee has written great first drafts of
them. Now how do we mark our corrections, change around sentences, add
ideas, etc.?
We have not learned to do this on the PacMate, and it is at school. So I
really want a low-tech method. I'm sure there was a way to edit with a slate
and stylus--at least we have a Perkins braillewriter. (smile)

Joy Orton