[blindkid] compose and edit without electronics

Deborah Kent Stein dkent5817 at att.net
Mon Mar 22 19:24:31 UTC 2010

Dear Joy,

Back in the horse-and-buggy days, even before the VersaBraille and the old
Apple II-E, I used to do all of my drafts on the Perkins Brailler and/or
with the slate and stylus.  I would, as you say, literally cut and paste to
make corrections, taping strips of paper with corrections over the original
page.  I sometimes taped changes to the back of the page, and marked the
place where the correction belonged with a piece of tape or a sticker.  I
also did a fair bit of copying and recopying.  It sounds cumbersome and
time-consuming, but sometimes when I think about how much time I spend
nowadays dealing with computer problems, it doesn't seem all that bad.

Debbie