[blindkid] Telephone Support Group for Parents of Blind/Autistic children

Melissa Bruggemann melissabruggemann at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 30 20:21:35 UTC 2010

Hi all

I received this from my local Commission for the blind last week. I am joining the group and I have met several other parents with children with dual diagnosis here so I thought I'd pass it on.

Thanks,
Melissa

Dear parents or guardians,

The Jewish Guild for the Blind announces a new free support service for families having children with autism spectrum disorders and visual impairments.  This will be a national telephone group for parents like you.  The weekly conference call will be a convenient way for you to participate in the group while at home.

The group will give you an opportunity to connect with other parents or guardians regarding a variety of topics to help you, your special needs child, and other family members.  Issues will be addressed to assist your child with his/her personal and educational development.  Coping strategies will also be discussed for the benefit of your family.

As a counseling psychologist, I will facilitate this support group.  You may contact me at: lgaldi78 at bestweb.net  for more information.

I look forward to hear from you and begin this innovative group to connect your family in a supportive network.

Sincerely,

Lisa L. Galdi, PhD