[blindkid] braille music notation?

Deborah Kent Stein dkent5817 at att.net
Fri May 28 20:58:30 UTC 2010

I am not a musician myself, but I know several serious blind musicians all
of whom are proficient users of Braille music.  I think the same argument we
make for literary Braille can be applied to Braille music code - if being
able to read notation is important for sighted students, it is important for
blind students as well.  A student who learns exclusively by listening to
the performances of others never has full access to what the composer
intended; he/she only knows how others have interpreted the material.

Debbie