[blindkid] [Pibe-division] Questions about rulers and perpetual calendars

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Tue Nov 2 20:35:02 UTC 2010

Robert and everyone,

These are both good suggestions, but I think it is important that in a classroom setting that the measuring take place in a manner similar to the rest of the
class.  To me, learning to measure with a ruler that only has one-eighth division is less of a problem than using a ruler that works differently than what the
rest of the class uses.  There are advantages to knowing what the other kids are using.  I guess the click-rule is pretty close.  Clearly, for serious measuring,
both of these would be a better option as is the talking tape measure that I usually use.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson