[blindkid] Coping with grief of having blind child fable

Kim Cunningham kim at gulfimagesphoto.com
Wed Nov 3 20:37:47 UTC 2010

I also received this story when my daughter was delivered prematurely. It was a bit different (I believe it was a trip to Holland). The story tries to deliver the message that even though something happens differently than what you planned, there are still many reasons to be happy. I was very comforted by the story. I was so in love with my new baby and so happy to touch her.  I couldn't detract myself from how close she was to dying - daily, but our trip to Holland was not saddened. Everyone else saw a sick baby with a lot of tubes and wires, but I saw my daughter. And yes, it has been a bumpy trip to Holland, I should have upgraded my seat! At the end of the day, I wouldn't change a thing.
Kim Cunningham