[blindkid] Coping with grief of having blind child fable

hpscheffer at aol.com hpscheffer at aol.com
Thu Nov 4 11:54:50 UTC 2010

Great analogy Gerardo, I can totally identify with our journey in this story. The diagnosis was not a horrifying one, just unexpected and not in our plans, we had to adjust to it and yes, we grieved, and it was hard and scary at the time, but our daughter is the one that showed us the way, she in a way thought us to just live in the moment. She is the greatest blessing in our lives. She shared "her story" with her sunday school class, about being born prematurely, and the grim diagnosis the doctors gave us,  she told them she does things differently at times, but does everything every one else does, that she can see in the dark and uses her hearing in ways they couldn't,  but she is happy being blind, and never wants to see. She is 11 yrs. old, and on her way to do great things in life!

Thanks for sharing

Heidi