[blindkid] Visual goals?

Sally Thomas seacknit at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 11:46:45 UTC 2010

I didn't really worry about #1.  I guess we just talked about pictures in
books and concentrated on real life experiences to learn about things.  My
son started learning braille in preschool. He could type/identify numbers
and letters before kindergarten.  When he got to kindergarten I was told he
was already supposed to be able to count to 100 by 1's 2's 3's and 10's.  We
concentrated on numbers starting then.  I think it might have been the
beginning of his math block.  I'm starting to believe that kids need to be
encouraged to learn but kids need to learn when they are ready. Artificial
deadlines can hurt some kids.

Sally Thomas