[blindkid] blindkid Digest, Vol 78, Issue 12

Leslie Ligon atfirstsight at ligondesign.com
Mon Oct 11 21:42:10 UTC 2010

  Thank you everyone, for all of this terrific support. Now it looks
really good:

This morning a Cooper-Hewitt museum representative wrote to say that the
Braille Alphabet bracelet is in the Top 5 and doing well, so it looks
like the bracelet has a great chance! They are encouraging us to get out
the vote. The voting ends on tomorrow,Tuesday, October 12 at 6:00 pm
Eastern Standard Time. Would you be willing to forward this link to
people you know, asking them to vote?

Here is the Link:
http://peoplesdesignaward.cooperhewitt.org/2010/nominee/2347

All it takes is a quick registration (and you'll get no follow up
e-mails from the museum---at least my husband hasn't in the past 3
years) and vote. While it would be a great honor for me, winning might
provide yet another public platform for the continued discussion about
the importance of Braille literacy, a cause about which both of us feel
very passionate.

Thank you again. I appreciate any help you maybe able to lend.

Sincere best, as always,
Leslie Ligon
  At First Sight...
The Original Braille Fashion Jewelry You'll Fall in Love With!
http://www.BrailleJewelry.blogspot.com
214-675-4061

Beautifully designed braille/print books for young readers:
http://www.BrailleInk.org