[blindkid] More Hmmmm....

Richard Holloway rholloway at gopbc.org
Sun Sep 12 16:11:30 UTC 2010

This may have noting to do with it at all, but I wonder if he is also learning to control where he looks-- that is he might have to look slightly "away" from an object (in relation to conventional vision terms) to see it better (or at all).

I certainly know some adults with things like Stargardt's disease where they have no central vision so if they want to look at a thing, they have to look at the side of it and some of them have been kind enough to explain some of that t me in some detail. Then factor in where he can see vs. what he can reach. Can you find a relationship between where his eyes seem to look and what's going on when?

Whatever is actually happening, I'm really happy to hear of his progress-- I think that's what really matters!

Richard