[blindkid] LOOKING FOR ADVOCATE IN OKLAHOMA MY CHILD DENIED BRAILLE

Sally Thomas seacknit at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 01:09:26 UTC 2010

I went to the Wrightslaw website and found the following information:

Disability Advocates of Oklahoma, LLC
George McCaffrey, Attorney/Advocate
Oklahoma City and Statewide
877-314-KIDS Fax: 405-767-3309
Email: George at DisabilityAdvocateOk.com
Web: http://www.DisabilityAdvocateOk.com
Attorneys & Advocates specializing in Discipline and Behavior Problems;
IEPs, FBAs & BIPs; Due Process; Social Security for Kids; Special Needs
Trusts; Autism & ADHD.

We found an advocate in Texas by calling varoius people, talking with them
about their approach and finally found one who had a similar view of our
situation that we had.  It's difficult to find someone with expertise in
blindness.  Finding someone who listens to you and is willing to learn about
your situation is the key.

Best of luck.  It's difficult to go after the school district but worth it
in the long run.

Sally Thomas