[blindkid] Geometry for next year

Penny Duffy pennyduffy at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 01:29:47 UTC 2011

Bonnie
Is she is high school?  Middle School?
are they getting her a the text book in proper format? Is she a Braille
reader? Ordering text books are happening now or a little late. I know my
daughter's tvi just ordered my daughter's textbook for next year.  Are you
concerns she is going to need help with Geometry?   Make sure she get proper
graphics.  It is possible to get proper textural graphics.

I have no experience with higher level math. Beyond what I took 20 years
ago. (ouch)  My daughter is in first grade.

What do you want the aid to do with her?  Do you just want someone to tutor
her?  Or are you concerned the materials are  not going to be in the right
format?

I am really confused why the school district expects all children to take
this class but they have let other not.  It would seem it just hurts the
child. (I would guess thats another topic it just really sad good that you
know enough not to let them do that)

 I have read things on geometry or heard it discussed . I think its a common
concern. Many blind children learn geometry i would guess it takes the
proper materials and a creative teacher.   I am sure there are people who
can answer this question and actually have some advice.
-
--Penny
Adventures with Abby - visionfora.blogspot.com

--
--Penny