[blindkid] Geometry for next year

Aaron Cannon cannona at fireantproductions.com
Sat Apr 30 19:55:42 UTC 2011

Hi Bonnie.

First, where I'm coming from: I have almost completed my bachelors
degree in computer science, with a minor in mathematics.  I have not
used an aid much in college, but I don't know how I would have passed
geometry in high school without one.  I'm not saying it can't be done,
I'm not even prepared to say that I couldn't have done it without an
aid, but looking back on it, I think it was a good thing I had one.

My aid primarily helped me understand what was being shown on the
board.  She had a rubber mat and a pin wheel, and she would draw what
the instructor was demonstrating.  Without her, I likely would have
been lost.

So, in short, based on my experience, my advice is that you request an aid.

Aaron