[blindkid] Embossers

Erin Teply eteply at cfl.rr.com
Wed Aug 24 14:53:13 UTC 2011

Hello,

I have the opportunity to buy a used Tiger Max embosser or Versapoint Duo.  Both come with Duxbury software, although everything is about 10 years old.  It has been hard to find info on either of these products.  If anyone does have experience, please share anything with me.  I do have some concerns that I will have to buy new translation software because what they have won't be compatible with any of our PCs or Macs, and it is quite expensive.  Would anyone recommend NOT buying these because of their age?  I am able to buy at a very reasonable price (not sure what that is yet), also, so it probably won't be a huge investment.  Also, can anyone recommend one over the other?  Thanks so much for any insight.

Erin Teply