[blindkid] EyeNote App

Hai Nguyen Ly gymnastdave at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 1 20:03:39 UTC 2011

Afternoon all.
Unfortunately, this app is not in fact free. I believe the price has actually gone up pretty recently. The LookTel Money Reader App for Apple IOS devices may be downloaded here:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/looktel-money-reader/id417476558?mt=8

The Appstore description of the app is as follows:
LookTel Money Reader instantly recognizes currency and speaks the denomination, enabling people with visual impairments or blindness to quickly and easily identify and count bills. Simply point your iPhone’s camera at a bill and the application will tell you the denomination in real-time. Several currencies are supported including the US Dollar, Euro, British Pound, Canadian Dollar, and Australian Dollar. Featuring LookTel’s patented and proprietary object recognition technology, LookTel Money Reader makes it as easy to recognize bills as possible. There’s no need to hold the iPhone still or capture a photo and wait for a result – recognition happens instantly, and in real-time. Additionally, the app does not require any internet connection, which means it can read money quickly at any location, anytime. LookTel Money Reader is a helpful mobile assistant that’s simple and easy to use. While shopping, use the application to verify money while checking out or to ensure you are getting the right amount of change back. It can also be used to quickly and easily sort money with total independence from virtually anywhere. LookTel Money Reader provides Voice Over support for several languages including English, Spanish, French, Italian, German, Polish, Russian, Korean, Finnish, Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, Japanese, Greek, Hungarian, and Mandarin. Note: If you are using an iPhone 3GS or 4th Generation iPod, LookTel Money Reader requires an environment with plenty of light. Disclaimer: This app should not be used to detect counterfeit currency or be solely relied upon for money identification.

Hope this helps.