[blindkid] Educational Food for Thought: 21 Things That Will Be Obsolete by 2020

Dr. Denise M Robinson deniserob at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 11:33:50 UTC 2011

Many of these points are already happening.

Living near "Gates" city of Seattle, the private schools have integrated
many of these technology principles already. The inter cooperate of
children expanding their minds into high levels: PowerPoint presentations
for book reports in early elementary school, blogs and web sites created by
the students integrate their projects with their peers. Building what the
mind can think up, instead of writing it on paper, helping the community
for a school project.

Right now, Blind students doing virtual instruction contacting who they
need right from their seat in the classroom for an answer, accessing books
faster than their sighted peers can open their book and find a printed
page. Doing research on the Internet versus going into an inaccessible
library and the computer being the small size so my girls can slide it into
their small purse and carry wherever they need. But it will only happen in
the forward thinking schools and the teachers who want to keep their jobs
who will expand their minds into the great potential of "What CAN be." it
is greater than what we can imagine.

Virtual instruction is here....Personally making the complete transition
over 9 months ago and 100% of what I do because of the demand of expertise
further than I can drive in a day (and what many of these schools are using
also..school are.in part right now, but it will become more as time goes on
=it is exciting to see that learning can occur at any time someone wants
and you do not need to go to a brick and mortar school from 8-3 to be
"educated",  So many home school children using virtual instruction for
years now who did not fit into the brick and mortar "structure"
supplementing what  parents are doing. I have seen great success come from
virtual instruction with sighted and blind at their homes or in their
communities---thinking way outside the box of the "normal structure". There
is something for everyone. The great combo of children being home schooled
to fit their personality, then going to the school for sports or chem lab
or other major activities is some of the best cooperative learning I have
seen.

Just know that it can be greater than what your mind can even conceive
right now. It is opening your mind to possibilities and they are vast.
Denise

--
Denise

Denise M. Robinson, TVI, Ph.D.
CEO, TechVision
Virtual Instructor for blind/low vision
Email:  yourtechvision at gmail.com <deniserob at gmail.com>
Website with hundreds of informational articles & lessons all done with
keystrokes: www.yourtechvision.com <http://yourtechvision.com>