[blindkid] iPad Apps?

Phouka Phouka at kc.rr.com
Sat Dec 31 20:34:12 UTC 2011

Hi all,

We just got an iPad 2 for Christmas, and so far Eddie LOVES it.  I was
wondering if any of you have suggestions for good aps/games/etc. for a
toddler?  Eddie's legally blind and has a host of retinal issues, but he
definitely has some vision; we're looking for ways to make the most of the
vision he has, and to help him learn concepts as quickly as possible in case
his vision continues to deteriorate (which is, unfortunately, likely).  So
far, he loves both The Monster at the End of This Book, Another Monster at
the End of This Book, Starfall ABCs and Elmo's Monster Maker; we've also got
SoundTouch, but he's not as much of a fan of that one.  Eddie's going to be
3 in January.

Any/all suggestions are most appreciated.

Thanks!

Mary

Follow our adventures at http://peanutandphouka.wordpress.com

Join Eddie's Entourage for the 2012 Trolley Run!  Learn more at
http://trolleyrun.kintera.org/eddiesentourage

Need magazines?  Jewelry?  Outrageously expensive cookie dough?  Check out
http://www.efundraisingonline.com/eddiesentourage