[blindkid] high school swim team

SUSAN POLANSKY sepolansky at verizon.net
Tue Feb 1 03:59:37 UTC 2011

Our son is a freshman in high school this year and is on his school swim team.
So far since November there has been one newspaper article and 2 TV news spots
about him being on his school swim team. There is yet another interview this
Wednesday. We have told the coaches that as long as Jason sticks to the message
and not the story then we will let the  interviews continue. Has anyone else had
such interest in your child doing ordinary things that people think are
extraordinary because the child is blind? If so how did you handle it? How did
you child handle it? We have been rather surprised about the interest the media
is showing.

Susan