[blindkid] Susan.--High School Swimming Team

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Tue Feb 1 19:13:43 UTC 2011

Hi Brandy and Susan, Bran, you're right. I competed in athletics as a
youth, and I didn't get asked irrelevant questions.  If your son gets asked
irrelevant questions pertaining to his blindness, the interview is over,
period, end of conversation.  I did not compete in anything other than
Adaptive P.E.  North Torrance High School does not have a swimming pool.
But I excelled in both beepball and regular baseball, (the latter out of
school,) and table volleyball.  I also competed also in floor hockey and
football.  So as a blind person, it may be, that we may have limitations.
But we still can compete against our sighted peers!  For 4 years, I went to
school with blind, orthapedically-handicapped,
trainable-multiply-handicapped, and other-multiply-handicapped pupils.  The
stuff was very rewarding.

Eric

Happy New Year from the Baseball List and thank you for putting a little
holiday in your heart!  Remember to check back often for interesting
tidbits on Major-League, Minor-League, and Independent Minor-League
Baseball.  You may sign up by sending an e-mail to eric at pmpmail.com and
putting, "Eric, I'd like to join the Baseball list!" in the subject line.
You may look me up on Facebook: eric at pmpmail.com.  The Baseball List:
Baseball heaven in two thousand eleven!

Eric from Los Angeles!  Try to be good to each other!