[blindkid] New Books & Free Books from Seedlings Braille Books

Dawn Swarthout seedlink3 at ameritech.net
Fri Feb 25 13:24:20 UTC 2011

Seedlings Braille Books for Children is pleased to announce that we have
recently added 33 new books to our catalog, bringing our total number of
low-cost titles available in braille to 1,125!

These books range from Print-Braille-&-Picture Books for toddlers and
preschoolers (like "Curious George at the Park" and "Ten Little Fingers and
Ten Little Toes"), to short chapter books (like "American Girls: Changes for
Kirsten" and "Magic Tree House #35: Night of the New Magicians"), to larger
novels for teens and "tweens" (like "How to Train Your Dragon: Book 1" and
Newbery Award winner "The Graveyard Book").

We have also added an inspiring nonfiction book called "Winter's Tail: How
One Little Dolphin Learned to Swim Again" which is being made into a movie!

To view a list of all the new books, please go to
http://www.seedlings.org/whatsnew.php

To read about all 1,125 titles, you can go to www.seedlings.org and click on
"Order Our Books & Gifts."

If you would like to receive a print copy of the 2011 Seedlings catalog in
the mail, please send your name and address to: info at seedlings.org or call:
800-777-8552, or you can download the textfile version right now from our
website: www.seedlings.org.

Also, don't forget to register for Seedlings' 2011 Book Angel Program

Seedlings' Book Angel Program is open to visually-impaired children who live
in the US and Canada, and through this program each child can receive 2 free
Seedlings books each year (you list 4 books from our catalog and we will
send 2 of them.)

If you haven't registered yet in 2011, just fill out the online form right
now by going here: http://www.seedlings.org/special.php and clicking on
"Book Angel Program."

Seedlings Braille Books for Children is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization
dedicated to increasing the opportunity for literacy by providing
high-quality, low-cost children's literature in braille. Volunteers, grants
and donations make it possible for us to offer our books at a fraction of
the production costs, and prices have not been raised for over 25 years!

Best wishes,
Debra Bonde, Director
Seedlings Braille Books for Children
www.seedlings.org