[blindkid] labeling diagrams?

Arielle Silverman nabs.president at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 00:37:23 UTC 2011

For me the best solution has always been to write a verbal description
of where all the parts should be, i.e. "The nucleus is in the middle
of the cell, with the cell wall on the outside" etc. Remember that
generally what's being tested here is the student's understanding of
how all the parts fit together, a concept that can be expressed either
verbally or graphically. That said, raised-line diagrams might be good
for him to study, but I don't think making him use actual labels is
necessary or ideal.

Arielle

--
Arielle Silverman
President, National Association of Blind Students
nabs.president at gmail.com
Website:
www.nabslink.org