[blindkid] on the subject of perspective

Carol Castellano blindchildren at verizon.net
Sat Jan 15 16:01:12 UTC 2011

Was just looking through my files and see that Dr. Kennedy gave a
lecture on Esref Armagan's work in 2005 for Art Beyond Sight and
writer Rachelle Burk has written a book about him, if I remember
correctly, which she is attempting to have published.  See
<http://www.esrefarmagan.blogspot.com/>http://www.esrefarmagan.blogspot.com/
. Those interested in providing access to art for their children and
students may want to look into Art Education for the Blind and Art
Beyond Sight (same group)
<http://www.artbeyondsight.org/>http://www.artbeyondsight.org/ ,
which has many resources, including an annual telephone conference
with very interesting topics.  They also work toward museum access.

Art Education for the Blind Publications

<http://www.artbeyondsight.org/sidebar/aboutaeb.shtml#multimedia>Art
History Through Touch and Sound: A Multisensory Guide for the Blind
and Visually Impaired (multimedia package)

<http://www.artbeyondsight.org/sidebar/aboutaeb.shtml#guide>Art
Beyond Sight: A Resource Guide to Art, Creativity, and Visual
Impairment (book published by AEB and AFB Press)

<http://www.artbeyondsight.org/sidebar/aboutaeb.shtml#video>Art
Beyond Sight. A Demonstration of Practical Techniques for Teaching
Art to People with Visual Impairments (video produced by MOMA and AEB)

Carol