[blindkid] HAPPY DANCE! National Convention Orlando Many Yearsto Come

Penny Duffy pennyduffy at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 01:31:53 UTC 2011

I completely understand the disappoint that some have with
the announcement that FL will be our convention home for many years.

There is no way to have a perfect spot for convention.  Its more then just
the city location. Its the hotel. The prices offered for both the room  and
the convention space.  I am sure Rosen must have given Dr Maurer a deal that
was way too good to pass up.

This was my first convention.  Its my understanding that this convention
went  a lot smother then others.  I imagine that had a lot do with the
decision.

I would love to have a convention closer to ME too.  (I am in the northeast)
 At least Orlando has a lot that families can do So I hope to tie it all
together with our vacation budget.     The pools where great at the hotel.
 The Shingle Creek was quite a place.  HUGE.  It was also very clean.

Now getting to Texas next year is going to be a little tougher and I really
want the whole family to go. Convention is worth it and I hope everything
works out for everyone who wants to go.