[blindkid] accessible Disney, braille version

Rene Harrell rjharrell at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 18:05:22 UTC 2011

Actually, the guides are free. They ask for a deposit that is returned to
you once you return the guide, which is the same for the audio descriptive
service.

We go as a family to disney every other year in the fall/winter. Clare is
not a good enough braille reader to make use of the braille guide, but she
has absolutely *loved* the audio descriptive service. They don't advertise
these services to the general population, but when you specifically request
information for those traveling to WDW with disabilities, or look on their
website under traveling with disabilities, they prominently mention both
services.

 I will say that I've always appreciated Disney's positive attitude towards
those special needs. They offer help by way of the Guest Assistance Card if
you feel you need it, but by the same token they really let you determine
what you need and don't cross the line into being overly "helpful" either.
Disney is one of the few places where no pays us any particular attention,
which we greatly enjoy! :smile

Rene

--
" I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up
where I needed to be."