[blindkid] art class: Danger! (insert irony here)

Dr. S. Merchant smerchant at vetmed.lsu.edu
Thu Jul 28 22:19:53 UTC 2011

Just to add to the misinformed bordering on ridiculous things that people
say about the blind, we visited Epcot while at the national Convention this
year.  My 18 year old 6 foot 2 inch blind son and my family went to the
entrance of an exhibit.  It was one that  had a tunnel or walkway to walk
through and wait in until the main area was reached.  A female employee at
the entrance to this exhibit said that it would be better to use the side
handicapped entrance because the tunnel/walkway was DARK and may be trouble
for Michael to navigate.  Really????  We all had a good laugh