[blindkid] The Perfect "Starter" DVD with DVS

Richard Holloway rholloway at gopbc.org
Thu Jun 2 15:23:36 UTC 2011

Yes, I believe I have seen "MegaMind" and "How to Train Your Dragon" available with DVS at Target.

Can you double check on Shrek 3? From what I found in the store only the 4th Shrek seemed to have DVS. I wonder if they have more than one release of no, 3 and only some have the DVS?

The cool thing about "Toy Story 3" is that it is so easy to turn on the DVS with that extra startup screen. I had read about one other one that had a similar "Splash Screen" feature. If I can find or remember that, I'll post it here.

BTW, I may have mentioned some Harry Potter confusion about DVS before, where I had seen it had DVS but I could not find the actual DVS in stores or on-line. The latest info I have (from the Director of Media Access at WGBH who was very helpful, BTW) is that they did indeed describe the Harry Potter films at WGBH, but Warner Brothers apparently only used the DVS in theaters, so apparently those are not on DVD yet. I had my hopes up on that one-- Kendra loves those stories.