[blindkid] Is anyone finding any DVS on their local PBSaffiliate?

rholloway at gopbc.org rholloway at gopbc.org
Thu Jun 2 17:27:09 UTC 2011

I believe WGBH is in fact a PBS affiliate. They also have a Media Group which Describes Videos. I assume the affiliate there would run all available DVS programs, or at least all that are made through WGBH Media; they must be related still... Other companies now Describe Videos as well, but I think WGBH started that about 20 years ago. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong!)

Sesame Street, for example, is broadcast on PBS, but for whatever reason, WGBH does NOT describe them. Another company does that, and there are some DVS programs from Sesame Street, at least on DVD. So far, I have yet to confirm if they BROADCAST any Sesame Streets with DVS.

WGBH also does work for hire which neither they nor other PBS stations air. For example there are about 140 movies that are in the Turner Classic Movie archive with WGBH-made DVS. (I saw one last night.)

TCM's described library includes Wizard of Oz, 2001 a Space Odyssey, and Gone With the Wind.

There is a list of TCM DVS shows I can post later if you like.

To see what WGBH airs with DVS, look at that list I posted before (I'm not home to repost) then compare with your broadcast schedule. Hopefully you'll find DVS, probably under "spanish" in your audio options on your TV or whatever tunes in your digital TV programs.

It will SAY spanish, but BE english with DVS, at least that is how DVS generally comes in here for us...