[blindkid] Help with a class project.

DrV icdx at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 18 16:34:10 UTC 2011

Hi Melissa,
Below are a few specific articles that I think would provide insights &
perspectives to parents & educators of blind kids of any age. I'd love to
hear what others think. Please share a compiled list of articles/resources
that discover in researching your project.
Sincerely,

Eric

1.     Is Your Child Age-Appropriate?
(www.nfb.org/images/nfb/publications/fr/fr14/fr04se10.htm) by Ruby Ryles,
PhD. Future Reflections Special Issue - The Early Years 2004; volume 23,
number 2.
2.     Why Blind Kids Need to do Chores
(http://nfb.org/legacy/fr/fr11/fr03fa17.htm) by Barbara Cheadle. Future
Reflections 2003.
3.     Growing Up Blind
(www.nfb.org/images/nfb/Publications/fr/fr9/Issue3/f090310.html) by Jan
Bailey. Future Reflections Fall 1990; volume 9, number 3.
4.     The Blind Child in The Regular Preschool Program
(www.nfb.org/Images/nfb/Publications/fr/fr14/fr04se26.htm) by Ruby Ryles,
PhD. Future Reflections Special Issue - The Early Years 2004; volume 23,
number 2.
5.     Suggestions for Preschool and Kindergarten Teachers of Blind
Students
(www.nfb.org/Images/nfb/documents/pdf/Article_SuggestionsForPreschool_LBS52
P.pdf) by Jill Weatherd. Future Reflections Summer/Fall 1999; volume 18,
number 2.
6.     The Blind Child In The Regular Elementary Classroom
(www.blindchildren.org/edu_dev/3_5_5.html) by Carol Castellano. FromFuture
Reflections Summer 1996; volume 15, number 3.
7.     Expectations: The Critical Factor in the Education of Blind
Children (www.nfb.org/images/nfb/publications/fr/fr14/fr04se25.htm) by
Fredric K. Schroeder, Ph.D. Future Reflections Special Issue - The Early
Years 2004; volume 23, number 2.
8.     Setting High Expectations for the Blind: A Duty for Blindness
Professionals
(www.nfb.org/Images/nfb/Publications/bm/bm07/bm0706/bm070607.htm) by James
H. Omvig. Braille Monitor June 2007; volume 50, number 6.
9. Assuring Quality Literacy Instruction in Braille Literacy Programs
(www.afb.org/store/product.asp?sku=jvib941102&mscssid) by Alan J. Koenig
and M. Cay Holbrook. Journal of Visual Impairment and
Blindness November 2000; volume 94, number 11, 677-694.
10. Equal Expectations: A Belief Paradigm or Politically-Correct,
Feel-Good Phrase?
(www.nfb.org/images/nfb/Publications/fr/fr27/1/fr270107.htm) Future
Reflections 2008, Volume 27, No. 1: 22-35.