[blindkid] Learning to Read..

Penny Duffy pennyduffy at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 02:52:26 UTC 2011

My daughter Abby and I had a great day of reading today.    She has entered
a stage where she is giving me less resistance in reading.  Then again It
could be the .25 a book I promised her  (she was up to three books today)
She is trying to earn money for convention.  I have just really seen her
start to really get better.  I really hope with a lot of practice this
summer she will be at a second grade reading level when she starts school.
 Which would be pretty good considering she was just introduced to braille
in November.

What a strange wonderful trip its  been this year. I can't imagine anyone
who thinks braille is obsolete  would feel that way watching Abby read
tonight. She was just another 7 year old reading a book with her mother.
--Penny