[blindkid] Learning to Read..

Richard Holloway rholloway at gopbc.org
Mon Jun 27 04:58:20 UTC 2011

I think a lot of the people who aren't too enthusiastic about braille for the blind are people who have never seen blind kids (or adults) reading braille. I have never known a child, sighted or blind, who enjoys reading more than my daughter and based on what I'm reading here today, I suspect there are several more kids of parents on this list who fall into that same level of appreciation and excitement where braille reading is concerned. What a shame that it takes so much effort to get some people on board with encouraging and supporting braille for our children.

Bonnie, super to hear about Aubrie as well. Congratulations to her and anyone else I have yet to hear about with the contest; how exciting!