[blindkid] new school for blind in China

Joy Orton ortonsmom at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 20:08:41 UTC 2011

Hello friends,
I am looking forward to seeing many of you at the convention in Orlando.

I'm thrilled to let you know that our family has been invited to
volunteer at a new college in China that intends to educate
underprivileged students, including blind students. Their goal is 50
blind students for the first year.

One of the people who is helping get this college started is Nigel
Burton, formerly vice president of Microsoft China. I have invited
Nigel to come to the NFB  convention, and he plans to come in on July
6 or 7.

I would like to make some appointments for Nigel to meet people in
education, technology, and the parents group. If you can think of
someone I should include, please email me off list at
ortonsmom at gmail.com
Joy Orton