[blindkid] CVI

Marie empwrn at bellsouth.net
Tue May 3 17:57:57 UTC 2011

Anybody out there with a fairly verbal kiddo with cortical visual impairment? What do they say about the visual fluctuation? It HAS to be frustrating. I am so frustrated today. Jack is clearly unable to see as well as he usually does. So what I am used to being able to set him up with and go about my business is now a task that requires supervision or more assistance. And, of course, part of me is worried that it's something else like something shunt related.

Just want to hear from some been there done that folks. Pat me on the head, tell me this too shall pass....

Marie (mother of Jack, born May 2005)
Check out our blog at http://www.allaccesspasstojack.blogspot.com for glimpses into our busy life with a boy who is busy growing and developing in his own way in his own time