[blindkid] Large Print Texts

T. J. tjmaries at yahoo.com
Tue May 10 23:02:28 UTC 2011

I agree with Darci! I LOVE reading now. It wasn't always like this though as I
was a low vision child struggling with normal sized print because nobody would
give me large print (most of the time).  But when I was in 7th grade (1996-1997
school year), I taught myself Braille because none of my teachers thought I
needed it (had 20/80 2/60 vision at 7inches from my nose, my eyes don't and
never have worked together)!  That changed in 2 years in 9th grade when I had a
major decrease in vision to 20/200 to 20/120. So, I am very glad I learned
Braille even though I had to teach myself!

T. J.