[blindkid] Sensory Trail State Park

Laura Bostick laura.l.bostick at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 15:29:29 UTC 2011

I think Kim made an excellent point when she said, "While there were a
few things I personally didn't see a need for, I took a step back and
realized the trail is for all blind people - those trained, and not
trained."  I know that she worked very hard to make the trail
enjoyable for everyone using it, and I've heard great things about it.
 I'll have to put it on our ever growing
"to-do-the-next-time-we're-in-Houston" list.

Trudy, I think another good idea would be to take a blind adult with
you on Tuesday.  (Forgive me if someone has already mentioned it.  I
haven't had personal email working at home consistently since I moved,
so I feel like I've missed big blocks of conversations.)  I think it's
imperative that we get a blind people's input on anything "for the
blind."

I'm so happy that we're seeing an interest in making more recreational
things accessible, and that people are coming to NFB for advice on how
to do it.  That's certainly a step in the right direction.  Thanks for
representing POBC so well, Kim and Trudy!

Laura Bostick
NOPBC President