[blindkid] The Relationship Between a Visually Impaired Childand the iPad 2

Deborah Kent Stein dkent5817 at att.net
Tue Nov 8 18:18:24 UTC 2011

Agreed.  I feel some apprehension that schools and many families will opt
for the iPad for low-vision kids in lieu of Braille.  Because it's a print
medium it will be much easier for classroom teachers, and kids may like it
because it's cool to have an iPad in class; but it remains to be seen
whether kids using the iPad will be as efficient as good Braille readers.
Perhaps the iPad will prove to be the best option for a lot of kids.  The
verdict isn't in, and I hope there will be good research to help us get
answers.

Debbie