[blindkid] about a book "Slightly Above Time"

mark feliz felizfamily5 at msn.com
Fri Nov 18 02:11:06 UTC 2011

Hello Heidi,
Many times I have purchased a good used book and taken it to one of the copy
stores. They will debind--cut the spine of the book. This gives me very
clean sheets of paper I can then run through my document feeder of my
scanner. My scanner can handle double-sided paper but if necessary you can
have the copy store copy your book onto single sheets. Most books will scan
reasonably well. Of course this will greatly depend on the type of scan
program you are operating. Save the file as a "doc" file or a simple "txt"
file and your daughter can bring it up on her Braillenote.

If you do not have this capability of scanning perhaps you live near a blind
high school or college student. I am confident they would be happy to scan
the book in for you.

Mark