[blindkid] re., gifted testing

Doug Gottschlich doug.gottschlich at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 22:33:23 UTC 2011

Hi Kathy,

Our TVI brailled the same (or very similar) math and reading tests for my
daughter, and they used a standard "intelligence" test (see below) that was
administered verbally.  Even though all parts of the test may not have been
exactly the same, they were equivalent enough for them determine if she was
qualified or not.  She is in the program and doing great.  But our school
district has always (well, almost always) been great about including our
daughter fully and providing the resources and opportunities she needs.
There was no argument from them, they worked with our TVI to make sure she
was given a fair chance.  Good luck!

Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children-Fourth Edition (WISC-IV)