[blindkid] Math and electronic notetaker

Gustave Jonas gjonas817 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 12:56:16 UTC 2011

I am actually going to school to become a Math Teacher, and I agree with
both of you.  Whichever way will get the message across should be used.  I
am sighted and when I was in school, and now that I am in school again, I
always butted head with my teachers because I could do the "complicated
math" in my head.  They always thought I was cheating, until I forced them
to give me an individual problem on the board and I stood there staring at
it and gave them the answer, without moving from the spot.  Still the
onslaught of showing your work came.  The teacher just do not want to admit
that they are wrong or to be shown a different way to solve a problem from
the way they taught it.  I hope they stick with it and know that the teacher
probably recognizes their incredible talent.  Good luck.

Gustave Jonas