[blindkid] help for blind/autistic 14 yr old

Carol Castellano carol_castellano at verizon.net
Mon Oct 17 00:56:26 UTC 2011

Hi Tom & Debbie,

You may already have seen this, but Jay Gense and Marilyn Gense wrote
a book called

Autism Spectrum Disorders and Visual Impairment:

Meeting Students' Learning Needs.  I have not read it myself so
cannot say if it is a good one, but you might want to take a look if
you haven't already.  it's available here:

<http://www.afb.org/store/product.asp?sku=978-0-89128-880-0&mscssid=L263WDT9Q2K89JA4G3SLVPMVP34J7PT2>http://www.afb.org/store/product.asp?sku=978-0-89128-880-0&mscssid=L263WDT9Q2K89JA4G3SLVPMVP34J7PT2

The Gense's teach in Oregon.  Perhaps that would be a good place to
move to :-).

I wish you good luck in your search.

Carol

Carol Castellano