[blindkid] help for blind/autistic 14 yr old

Tom and Deb OConnor toc6642 at charter.net
Thu Oct 20 15:33:49 UTC 2011

Thank you Steve.  Yes, I have been in contact with Hadley - helpful and
I know basic braille.  I have not heard of RISE.  I will check into
both.  I think having access to the equipment is crucial for their
success - do you see that with your daughter too?  Matthew loves
technology and this is an area he is hungry to learn.  How is your
daughter doing?  Steve - who do you think is the most crucial teacher
for your daughter - vision teacher or autism teacher?  I know ideally
both, but if we are looking at other schools besides the public school -
would the experience of the blind teacher be what you focus on most if
you have to choose?  Thanks

Deb

Tom & Debbie O'Connor
toc6642 at charter.net