[blindkid] Talking Books vs saving for braille reading.

Richard Holloway rholloway at gopbc.org
Mon Sep 12 20:45:53 UTC 2011

If you end up using a BraileNote or similar notetaker more at some point it gets a bit easier to carry around a potentially quieter.

Of corse the quiet may be short-lived. Kendra quickly learned how to patch her BrailleNote into the car stereo and now expects to be able to playback braille files, books, mp3's the memos, the build-in radio-- you name it, over the car stereo. At lest we can convince her to use headphones instead at least part of the time. She's not a big fan of the built-in speaker. She prefers "high quality" (her expression) sound, thank you very much...

Technology is great... Mostly