[blindkid] Sensory OT

Heather Breems heatherbreems at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 13:25:40 UTC 2011

Thank you Trudy,

I have heard from our state chapter president as well with some helpful
hints.  We are seeing a vision teacher at our local school for the Blind.
 Unfortunately they no longer have any OT's on staff and she was not sure
who to refer us to at this point, but was also going to look into it for us.
 Since my son turns 3 soon, we will have to go through our insurance for
private OT services.  Thankfully though our insurance covers 15 sessions per
year.

Unfortunately the school has not even evaluated him yet.  He has an IFSP (or
should soon as early intervention evaluated him on July 26th), but the
school appears to be stalling on sending me the consent form to have him
evaluated by their team.  I know by law once I sign the consent they must
evaluate him within 60 days so my fear is they are trying to keep me from
signing in order to delay and catch up from all the summer cases.  Even once
he is evaluated I do not have a lot of faith that he will get the proper OT
services he needs through the schools.  That is where we are at this point.

Sincerely,
Heather

--
Heather Breems