[blindkid] reasonable reading speed target for IEP?

Jim Beyer jim at riversedgehomes.com
Fri Sep 23 13:44:17 UTC 2011

I know this thought is more philosophical than practical, and therefore
probably kinda useless, but when we were faced with that issue years ago,
our position was that Lauren should be at whatever level she would have
otherwise been were she not blind. Since she is bright, we set goals that
were at the upper extreme of the bell curve.

No one knows your child better than you. Good Luck Lynda!