[blindkid] What are your thoughts on coloring?

Barbara Hammel poetlori8 at msn.com
Thu Sep 29 21:01:20 UTC 2011

Okay, this is just a thought here.  If a sighted child colors before they
learn how to write letters with a writing stick, why cannot a blind child be
given a slate and stylus or a braille writer to "scribble" with.  If you
want to build finger strength, why not give them the tool that will be
useful later and gives them great feedback because it put dots around that
they can feel.
Barbara

Let every nation know whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay
any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose
any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.--John
F. Kennedy