[blindkid] PSAT

EMMOL at aol.com EMMOL at aol.com
Fri Sep 30 00:34:46 UTC 2011

Before my son began high school, I called ETS and spoke to them regarding
the procedure for accommodations and asked that they send me the necessary
paperwork. I completed the form, provided the necessary proof of  blindness,
and asked his guidance counselor to complete the school's  portion of the
form. A committee must review it. My son received a letter,  as did the
school, of approved accommodations. All of the kids set up an  "account" with the
College Board where they get general information, sample  questions, and
test scores. Braille copies of older tests were sent,  for practice, to the
guidance office.
FYI... the Braille version of the PSAT is given the Wednesday before the
Saturday print version.

Eileen Molloy

Message: 1