[blindkid] What are your thoughts on coloring?

Carly B barnesraiser at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 13:37:36 UTC 2011

Hi. Thanks for the tips from a 14 year old. I have a 9 year old who never
had a slate and stylus in his hands until about a week ago when I showed it
to him. I was surprised he didn't know what it was or how it worked since he
attends the state academy for the blind. Since I'm his mom, I wanted him to
know how to use it. He really hates it! (He's used to the Perkins Brailler
and he loves that, plus the MPower.) Anyway, I decided to give him one
minute for every spelling word he punched out. (It doesn't have to be
perfect.) Now he's really into it! :)

Thanks for your words about getting it into his hands. I thought I was doing
the right thing and you encouraged me there. Thanks! :)