[blindkid] Monocularism and the IDEA

LZ lyndaz918 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 15:34:16 UTC 2012

Thank you Carlton--this is really helpful! I've never heard of a "consultative services" only IEP. It sounds like something we might well need.

So, what you are recommending (in your capacity as teacher, not lawyer) is requesting an assessment for impact of monocularity? Is there a particular type of assessment for these potential issues? buzz words that should be included in the request?

I have been keeping one eye closed on walks and around the house lately, when I remember to do it, and while I am having a hard time "translating" it to what I imagine it'd be like at school, it definitely feels significant.

Thanks!
Lynda