[blindkid] Private schools in Chicago area?

Heather Breems heatherbreems at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 15:45:11 UTC 2012

Hello Everyone,

No surprise and unfortunately not a new story, we are very unhappy with my
blind preschoolers public school placement.  Long story short I know it
will be a loosing battle with Chicago Public Schools to change anything and
therefore I would like to find a private preschool for him that we would
find a way to cover out of pocket.  I have heard good things about his
possible K-6 placement in public schools, so I am willing to pay for a
better preschool experience for him the next two years.  Does anyone have
any insight about good private preschools that might be able
to accommodate a blind child in the Chicago area?  I know he would probably
not get a TVI, but the one he has now is so bad I think he is better off
with any teacher.

Thanks!
--
Heather Breems