[blindkid] IEP goals for 7th grader

LZ lyndaz918 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 16:07:19 UTC 2012

Hi all,

Isaac's IEP is coming up. He is starting 7th grade.  I have been advocating for grade level expectations for him ( they wanted me to be happy about 40 won a year ago).

Here are the suggestions I got from his main teacher.  I would appreciate any and all suggestions and feedback!!

Thank you!

Lynda

Reading:

Given a 200 word passage of non-fiction text at 7th grade level, Isaac will read it initially with a speed of 175 wpm with comprehension at 80% in 2 consecutive trials within an 8 week period as documented by the classroom teacher and recorded in the grade book.

Writing:

Given a list of topics, Isaac will pick one to research and write a five paragraph paper with three resources cited using conventional guidelines for each of 2 consecutive 9 week time periods as documented by the classroom teacher and recorded in the grade book.

Math:

Given 3 word problems in each of 5 trials, Isaac will use Nemeth notation and variables to independently write an equation, create a table or graph to correctly solve all three problems in 4 out of the 5 trials as documented by the classroom teacher and recorded in the grade book.