[blindkid] Museum doesn't allow child to enter with cane

Bo Page bo.page at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 28 18:35:16 UTC 2012

That is bizarre!  What is the name of the museum?

________________________________
From: Penny Duffy <pennyduffy at gmail.com>
<blindkid at nfbnet.org>; New Hampshire NFB State Affiliate Board
<nh-board at nfbnet.org>
Sent: Tue, August 28, 2012 2:27:39 PM
Subject: [blindkid] Museum doesn't allow child to enter with cane

Has anyone ever been told their child can't enter a public place with their
cane? My daughter was told by a history museum she couldn't bring her cane
yesterday. I just found out today. Her father didn't know it was against
the law just that it was rude. He still paid admission and went in because
the kids were excited and didn't want to make a scene.

Has this ever happened to anyone else?  I know sadly this happends with
guide dogs but canes?

-Penny